Wednesday, March 18, 2015

What To Do With All That £$£$£ Saved?

So, you have been stretching those pennies until poor old Abe is even taller and skinnier and begging for mercy.  Your food budget is lower than you thought possible just a little while ago.  You actually have "extra" money at the end of the week, pay period or month.

Now, what are you going to do with it?

I can't speak for you but when I stretched my food budget over the years what I did with the money I didn't have to spend on food went for different purposes at different times.

  • In graduate school it helped to keep a roof over our head and the wolf from the door
  • Later, it helped pay the Catholic school tuition for both girls
  • How about piano lessons and a year of dance lessons
  • Then it was the swim lessons and swim club
  • Can you say orthodontia?
  • Prom gowns, class rings, yearbooks and other school "necessities"
  • Along with all my salary, it paid college tuition for two girls in at the same time for three years (poor planning, I know)
  • Trips abroad to "broaden their horizons" for both girls
  • then it was time to sock as much as possible away for retirement
So you can see, what you can put this "found" money on is as varied as the people who save it and the circumstances of their lives.

One thing I know for SURE:  there is always someplace for it to go and you will always be glad you have it to go there. (OK, that's two things.)

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment