Monday, May 4, 2015

Making It Up As I Go Along

I have a bad habit as a cook.  I make up recipes.  When they work, I have a problem:  I haven't written down the amounts of all the ingredients I used so remaking the dish gets a little dicey.

I did it again, today.  This morning I threw together a pan of chocolate chip brownie type bars.  I was trying to create something low carb and low calorie and with a lot of fiber and protein.

When they cam out of the oven, as the cook I was forced to sample them to make sure they were edible.  It's a tough job but I forced myself.

I thought they were good.  So I asked Mike to take a chance on them.  He liked them, too.  Now I have a problem.  How can I make them again?

Here is what I think I baked:

1.5 cups of almond flour
1 cup wheat bran
1 c oat bran
1 cup flaked almonds
2 ounces sugar free chocolate, chopped fine
2 eggs
1 box of sugar free chocolate pudding (vanilla would have worked but I didn't have any)
1/4 cup oil or melted butter
2 T baking powder
1 cup low cal maple pancake syrup
1 cup wheat gluten

I know those are the ingredients and I am 99% sure those were the quantities.

Mix them all together and bake in an 8 by 10 greased pan until a toothpick comes out clean.
DO NOT OVER BAKE or they will be very dry because of the fiber.

Man, are they good and I don't have to feel too guilty when I eat one..

No comments:

Post a Comment