Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Loaves and Fishes

...in reverse.

My grandmother always made sure she had extra food for hungry guests.
One of her favorite sayings was that there was plenty more down cellar under a cup, this said as she urged folks to enjoy second or third helpings.

So, I consider my over abundance of prepared food when I cook for Mike's family a genetic thing.  It's unavoidable.

Everyone has been fed and we still have coleslaw, southwestern pasta salad, watermelon, corn on the cob, hotdogs, kielbasa, smoked sausage, Italian sausage and numerous toppings (enough for another meal) tucked in the refrigerator.

And that doesn't even count the meat still in the freezer, the pasta still in the cupboard, or the cabbage still in the refrigerator.

Feeding the masses appears to be something I could do, no doubt about it.

Just blame it on my genes. I certainly will.

Anyone hungry? Care packages are available.

No comments:

Post a Comment