Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I'm An Ugly American

I've tried.  Really, I have.  But I just can not get into British Pizza.  Canned tomatoes topped with chicken and any old cheese and topped with chutney does not make my pizza loving soul sing.

I love the cheese, the good sausages, the breads, the fish and chips, the puddings and oh so much more.  But, the pizza here is something else entirely.

So, tonight I am going to make my own pizza (which will probably make a true Italian pizza aficionado cringe).

First, my yeast based crust with good olive oil. 

Then pizza sauce (think a smooth spaghetti sauce with oregano and basil and garlic and maybe onion). 
Top the sauce with homemade ricotta (made from reduced whole milk) and then some chopped fine yellow pepper (reduced) and onion.

 Now for the really flavorful but unhealthy part, the pepperoni and the precooked homemade Italian sausage (with fennel, cayenne, garlic, onion, oregano and basil and a slosh or two of red wine). 

Over that I'll put slices of fresh mozzarella (reduced) and then sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan (also reduced). 

Now bake until the cheese is melty and browning .

 Let it sit for about 10 minutes before cutting and you might need a fork. 

But, I promise you a taste sensation.  Now, to me, that is pizza.

Oh, just an aside, I am also making some pepperoni balls in case someone needs something more. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment