Friday, March 14, 2014

Charity Shop Score!

For those of you who do not know my deep dark secret, I am a charity shop/thrift shop addict.  I love finding deals at these places.  I can't seem to walk by one without going in to see if there is something I cannot live without. :)

Any town of any size in England is sure to have charity shops.  Lots of charity shops.  And I have to check them all out.  (I am sure it's a rule somewhere. :)

These days I am mainly looking for videos and books but occasionally something else is on my list. For the last month or so I have been looking for a pair of "dressy but not too dressy" shoes since the ones I brought over here no longer make the cut. 

I have even looked in "normal" shoe stores without any luck.  Amazing, right?

Well today I hit the jack pot.  I found a pair of black Clark's with a short heel in my size that had NEVER been worn.  They were pristine.  And they set me back a whole 5 pounds 59 pence.  Can't beat it.  A similar pair online is listed for 60 pounds!

I tried to convince Mike that we could go out to dinner with all the money I saved but he just wasn't buying it (my story or dinner). :)  Oh well, at least I have the shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment