Sunday, August 23, 2015

Their Names Are On The Line

I have been watching more Youtube videos about Victorian and Edwardian rural life. I was reminded of how cooking used to be a matter of family recipes handed down through the years. There were no celebrity chefs or a stack of cookbooks, let alone an internet to search.

As I pondered I realized how many of my best, most trusted, can't fail recipes have the names of good cooks attached:

Grandma Young's Christmas Bread
Aunt Joan's Sugar Cookies
Aunt Bobbie's Peanut butter Fudge
Mrs Kolesar's French Pancakes
Minerva's Bread and Butter Pickles
Dot Burke's Concord Grape Pie
Aunt Evelyn's Zucchini Relish
Grandma Burdette's Potato Doughnuts
Aunt Joyce's Chicken Salad
Grandma O'Neill's Fig Pudding
Aunt Ellen's Homemade Kahluah

And the list goes on.

When you need to be sure trust the recipe with the name of a person attached.
They won't steer you  wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment