Monday, August 17, 2015

Cross My Fingers and Hope

Today has been that kind of day.

I decided this morning to make a Minion hat.  I have never made a Minion hat before. 

But I worked on it for most of the day and now I have a respectable hat to show for it.

Is it perfect?  Nope.  But the little boy it is intended for won't notice or care.

Then I decided to start to crochet something for me.  In all the crocheting I have done this past year, and I have done a lot, I have only made one dishrag for me.  Now I am working on the foundation row of a shrug for myself.  Think good thoughts, please.

And this evening, while I am waiting for the pizza and french bread to finish, I decided to try making homemade maraschino cherries to use in Grandma's Christmas bread.  They are now sitting on my counter and all I have to do is wait.  Let us hope they are good.  But how bad can cherries, cherry brandy and amaretto be.

Did you know the cherries you buy in the store have been bleached and then the color and flavor have been restored using artificial everything.  Yuck!

So today I have done a lot of crossing my fingers and hoping or praying.  And I am OK with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment