Thursday, April 16, 2015

Our Freezer Was DO(our)A Back at the Boat

And, of course, it was VERY FULL. 

It appears that it had only died recently since my containers of whey, vegetable broth and chowder were still frozen. 

However, my numerous veggies and veggie meat mixtures will now need to be cooked up quickly and I will need to find room in the fridge for them until they become part of our menu, with luck. 

Yes, our fridge does have a small freezer compartment but the emphasis is on SMALL.  At most, I seem to be able to fit 3 partial bags of veg up there. 

But, to look on the bright side, we did not lose a ton of meat like we did the last time the freezer had a problem. 

It is, however, difficult to keep the food budget under control when I keep having to keep pitching part of the food I buy.  Annoying, to say the least.

Mike and I have been searching online for replacement freezers to gauge how expensive our replacement will be.  Let us say up front that the cost will not be small. 

We need a 12 volt small 3 drawer freezer and it appears the cost will be about £500 ($750)!!!!!  Maybe it is time to learn to do without a freezer, if only I thought I could.

No comments:

Post a Comment