Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Mama Duck Update

We have now been back on the boat for two weeks and Mama Duck is still sitting on her nest.  At most, she should have two weeks more before hatch day.  I am rooting for less  because I am not sure how much longer I can hold off the moving of the boat and when that happens we either relocate her or she travels down the canal with us.  Either could make her abandon the nest.  And that I would really like to avoid.

One of the times she was off the nest getting something to eat I snuck a peak and discovered there is only one egg in the nest.  That fits in with her very small size.  I am thinking this may be her first nest and her first time at this mama thing.

In my mind that is just another reason to help her make this a successful one if we can.

I will keep you posted.  Let us all keep our fingers crossed and send good thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment