Monday, April 20, 2015

Officially Older, I Think

My dad and my sister are both morning people.  My sister gets up at 4:00 every morning, has for years, and doesn't mind it. (Huh?!)  My dad has been up by 5 or 5:30 for as long as I can remember.  No alarm.  Nothing.  Just wakes up. (Really?!)

Me, I have never been a morning person.  My view has always been if the sun is not up then I shouldn't have to be either.  (Yes, I had to make exceptions for things like jobs but I didn't have to like it.)

I have asked my dad several times over the years, decades, when I would learn to like mornings.  He always told me it would happen when I got older.

Well, I must have suffered from severely arrested development.  My sister "got older" decades ago.  Me, it is only now beginning to happen. 

Recently, read over the last few months, I have found myself waking up as early as 3 (this morning) but more normally about 4:30 or 5.  And, I can't go back to sleep.  So, I get up and start my day.

 That has never happened before.

And, wonder of wonders, I am learning to like this new routine.  I get quite a bit done so early in the morning and I get a real jump on the day by folding dry laundry, doing one or two cleaning jobs I have been trying to fit it, sweeping the floor, etc. 

Now, this is not yet an everyday thing, more like 4 or 5 out of 7 days.  But, I do think it finally means I am able to get up with the big people.  Who knew it would finally happen?!  I had almost given up hope.

You were right, Dad.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment