Sunday, July 6, 2014

Transmission is Temporarily Suspended and Will Resume in 20 Days

As an experiental birthday gift, Mike and I are heading out tomorrow to go to Copenhagen and board our cruise boat for our two week Balken cruise.  We will be making stops in:
  • Tallinn, estonia
  • St. Petersburg, Russia
  • Helsinki, Finland
  • Stockholm, Sweden
  • Warnemunde (Berlin), Germany
  • Kiel (Hamburg), Germany
and back to Copenhagen with time to play tourist there, too.

I am super excited since visiting some of these places was on the " dream but probably never a reality" list.

As anyone who knows him would expect, Mike did his homework and found us a great deal.  We have also arranged two days of touring in St. Petersburg so that we can see as much as possible, although we still will only be scratching the surface.  The other places we will make arrangements on a more ad hoc basis.

I am looking forward to two weeks of no cooking, no dishes to watch, no cleaning to do, etc.  I am sure plenty of you can relate to that.  I have loaded my kindle (thanks again kids for getting it for me) with lots of very, very light reading and I am good to go.

My only other task is to shoe horn all the clothes into the bags the airline is allowing and under their max weight allowance.  I am one of those strange females that loved getting dressed up for work and I miss it.  I am intending to dress for dinner. 

The only drawback to all of this is that we probably will not have economically feasible internet service while we are gone.  The ship charges an arm and a leg and we can not use our hotspot.  Maybe I can find a cafe somewhere with free access.  If so, I will send out a post.  But I can't count on it.

I promise to bore you with trip details and pics once we return.


No comments:

Post a Comment