Sunday, February 28, 2016

White Bean Pasta Alfredo

I just made a wonderful pasta dish for dinner.

It is based upon a recipe from The Prudent Homemaker blog.

But, as Mike will tell you, I am genetically unable to follow a recipe exactly .  ( It makes for some interesting meals .)

So, here is her recipe:
     2c. Cooked white beans
     Half a cup of Parmesan cheese
     A can of evaporated milk
One and a half tsp garlic powder

Blend all ingredients using an immersion blender and then heat
Serve over 1 lb. Pasta


Here is what I did:

I cooked my beans from dry in the pressure cooker, adding 3 large garlic cloves, a tsp of vegetable bouillon and a tsp of fennel seed

When the beans were done I added a Tbs of nutritional yeast (it adds a cheesy taste) and some dry milk powder to the remaining liquid.

I also added some peas for color.

It is wonderful!  Creamy but low fat. You can't beat that.

I had Parmesan to sprinkle on it but you could leave that off and have a delicious vegan meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment