Saturday, December 27, 2014

MIA :-(

The snow, while falling in other places in the UK, did not fall here.  It would have been nice to have had a little white stuff to celebrate the holidays but it was not to be.

We have had, however, some cold nights here.  Today it was almost freezing INSIDE the boat when it was time to get up this morning.  I tell you, it takes a lot of resolve to get out of a warm bed in those conditions.  It also helps to not think about it before you do it.  And, since my brain is normally not engaged before my first cup of coffee I manage to get my feet onto the very cold floor before I ask myself what the HECK I am doing. :-)

We have remained at Apperly Bridge Marina since our return from Wales due to the heavy winds.  We watched one boat make attempt to leave and be blown up against the wall where it remained until the wind finally decided to calm down just enough so it could return to its mooring.  Mike and I, upon reflection, decided not to fight mother nature.  We took it as a sign that we were supposed to holiday here.

Today, however, if all goes as planned, we will be continuing on our journey and heading toward Skipton.  I have 16 locks and some swing bridges to man handle so think of me, please.  The part that will probably suffer the most are my poor feet.  They do so hate the cold.  It might require a glass of hot mulled wine to aid the thawing at the end of the day.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment