Sunday, December 7, 2014

4 Ingredients & 5 Minutes=Fudge

Since I was young I have always loved peanut butter fudge.  My Aunt Bobbie made the best peanut butter fudge. The. Best.

Every Thanksgiving and Christmas her wonderful fudge was there.  In my mind, peanut butter fudge has to be there at Christmas.

I have Aunt Bobbie's recipe.  I do NOT have her skill. 

Consequently, I have tried many fudge recipes over the years.  Some have worked, such as the one using marshmallow cream, but today I tried another recipe just because it looked too simple and easy to really work.  Boy was I wrong.

2 cups of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup milk (I used dried), 3/4 cup peanut butter, 1 tsp vanilla is all you need

Mix the sugar and milk together.  Bring the mixture to a full boil and then boil for 2.5 minutes

Remove from heat and add the peanut butter and vanilla and mix well

Pour into a greased dish (I had to use a small loaf pan since my choices here are very limited)

The mixture did not stick to the bottom of the pan.
It has set up.
The scrapings from the pan were delicious.

Win. Win. Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment