Saturday, August 4, 2018

Five Ways I Saved Money in July

1.  Using a coupon we received in the mail, we saved $15 on an order of Max's special diet food from Chewy.com.  And, because it was our first autoship order, we got another 40%off.  All told, we saved about $42.  And I can cancel the autoship at any time.

2.  Oxiclean laundry detergent, normally $7.49, was on sale for $2.99.  I downloaded a $2.00 coupon.  My final cost was $0.99, or about 4 cents per load.  That's what my homemade laundry detergent costs.  I Saved $6.50  or 87%.

3.  I put the carcass of a roasted chicken to slowly cook overnight in my crockpot.  The next morning I separated the bones from the rich broth.  I also stripped the bones of all remaining meat.  I will use the broth to make a soup.  The meat will become southern BBQ for sandwiches.  Two free meals from what is normally thrown away.

4.  I made two quarts of homemade yogurt for $ 2.00 .  That's $ 0.25 /cup.  Much cheaper than at the store.  I have done this twice this month.

5.  I made homemade bagels.  The recipe made fifteen large bagels.  Because I buy my ingredients when they are on sale, the cost to me was less than.  $ 0.75.  That works out to $ 0.06/bagel.  I can't even buy them at the bread store for that.

Extra:  When I recently made a necessary online purchase I went through E-Bates and received an additional 10% back.  By doing this when I can, I have received a total of $166.60 back for very little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment