Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Can Food Live On Forever?

How Long can one meal last?  This one seems to never be all eaten and a thing of the past.  Enough.

About a week and a half ago, before the rains of October set in, I made a pasta dinner with fresh tomato, sweet peppers, onion and cheese sprinkled on top.  It was dressed in a very simple homemade Italian.

As I have been known to do, a million times or so, I made too much.  The amount of pasta seemed fine.  The vegetable mix looked great.  When I put them together I swear something weird happened and the amount I had multiplied.  Let's call it an act of nature. (Then it is not. my. fault.)

So, we ate it for dinner that night and lunch the next day.  And the leftovers still looked like they could feed a few hungry teenagers. 

So, we went with using the leftovers in minestrone soup and I added some garbanzo beans and chopped tomatoes and adjusted the seasonings.  It was good and we had it for dinner and lunch.  And it still was not gone so into the freezer it went while I hunted for inspiration.

Today it came out of the freezer and was pureed by my immersion blender into a tomato type sauce.  It will be the base for tonight's churizo and cheese pizza. 

No worries now.  Pizza always gets eaten between dinner and lunch.  Always.

The saga is over.  Finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment