Thursday, January 2, 2014

My Word for 2014:MORE (And what I want more of may surprise you.)

 I have made countless New Year's Resolutions.  And I have broken just as many.
But, it wasn't difficult to write another set when the New Year came around again.  If you save them to a word document you can just call it up and change the date.  Easy Peasy.

This year I decided to try something new.  Instead of a list of what I didn't want to have with me at the end of the year (weight, clutter, caffeine, impatience, etc.) I would make a list of what I DID want in 2014.  I would try the old axiom to THINK POSITIVELY.

So here is my list of what I want MORE of by the end of 2014:

More shopping in village butchers and greengrocers.
More impromptu activities.
More interaction with friends and family.
More smiles.
More conversations with strangers.
More kind words.
More long walks.
More listening.
More compassion.
More exploring of the local sites.
More handcrafting.
More laughter.
More thankfulness.

Happy 2014 and here's to a successful year of meeting our goals, whatever they may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment