Saturday, July 22, 2017

Big Bread Store Discounts

I love to bake bread.

And bagels, English muffins, tortillas, pitas.........

But not in the summer in the heat and humidity.  Call me a foul weather baker.

And, let's face it, sometimes life gets in the way and there literally is no time to breathe let alone bake bread.

That is when I head to my local day old bread store.

We try to go on Monday for an additional 15%military discount.  Every penny saved counts.  They all add up into dollars eventually.

Most visits we buy a variation on the following:

Monk's Bread, apple cinnamon, normally $3.99 ; every day price at the bread store $0.89

Thomas's Onion Bagels normally $4.99 ; every day price at the bread store $1.19

Arnold's Double Fiber Bread normally $3.99 ; every day price at the bread store $0.89

Strohman's English Muffins normally $2.99; every day price at the bread store $0.89

Military discount 0.58

Total cost:  3.28.

We saved$12.68 over normal grocery store prices.

Well worth the trip.

Could I make them for less.  Yes.  But did I mention I get really cranky when I'm hot?  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment