Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Yummy!

 I have a problem.  I love good food.  But I also want to cook healthy food.

Quite often I have been able to find a happy medium.

But not with brownies, one of my favorite food groups.

I like them moist and fudgey.  I DO NOT like them to resemble cake. At. All.

When black bean brownies first came on the scene I was hoping they would be my bridge between good for me food and yummy I want to eat these food.

My bridge collapsed.  The brownies tasted like bitter cocoa flavored cardboard.  And that is an insult to the cardboard.   There was no talking yourself into eating them.

But recently I read a blog written by a famous healthy cook (whose name is unfortunately escaping me).  She said she had perfected a black bean brownie that was not related to cardboard.

Oh, how much I wanted to believe her.  So I succumbed.  I made them.  They were wonderful.  No taste of black beans.  No bitterness. Just ooey, gooey chocolate goodness.  I promise.

Black Bean Brownies You Can Enjoy

1 1/2 c. Rinsed and drained black beans
2Tbs Cocoa powder
1/2 to 3/4 c. Oatmeal (I used 1/2 but will use 3/4 the next time)
1/3 plus 2 Tbs language syrup or honey
1/4 c oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
1/2 tsp. Baking powder
1/2 c chocolate chips

Mix in order given and put into a greased 8 by 8 pan for 15-20 minutes at 375.

Enjoy their rich, chocolatey, yumminess.

No comments:

Post a Comment