Sunday, June 19, 2016

Prince Edward Island



We have had a relaxing if damp and chilly time on the Island and we begin our slow progress back to Maryland today.



 While here we have visited the house that was the inspiration for Green Gables in the Anne of Green Gables series of books by Lucy Maud Montgomery.  The house used to belong to a family member but is now part of the PEI Park System.  It has been beautifully restored to reflect the time period of the Anne books.  I loved going through it and taking in all the small domestic details of the era, including the five mice mouse trap. As you might have thought, I am now re-reading the books.



We also visited an artisan cheese place and bought some cumin spiced gouda to enjoy.  Me and cheese, I can never walk out empty handed.



Then we visited a dairy that makes its own butter, cheese and award winning ice cream.  I bought some of their award winning cheddar (on sale), we shared a coconut cream ice cream cone in a homemade delicious waffle cone, and I found gifts for the grandbabies.



Yesterday we took a tour of a small batch distillery and purchased some of their gin for Mike.  He really enjoyed the sample they gave him.  I tried an anise liquor but we did not purchase any of that.



The rest of the time we spent parked looking at the beautiful seashore in several different locations, driving around the island taking in the scenery and stopping into thrift stores where I found, you guessed it, more yarn.  So, I have also been crocheting and it will keep me busy during the many driving hours to Maryland.



Today we are off to St. Andrew's, New Brunswick.  Will check back in later.

No comments:

Post a Comment