Thursday, November 20, 2014

Wish It Was My Idea

For those that know me this will come as NO surprise, I like to make homemade gifts but I lack the essential talent to do so. :)

One of the things I have always thought would be neat was to make or remake candles so that they could be recycled/upcycled.  However, I was never successful since my wicks never did well.  They leaned, listed, and just didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Hence my excitement in reading a blog recently that suggested using a simple birthday candle as your wick.  Attach it to your container (obviously not too tall, everything has a down side) with melted wax.  Once secure, add additional hot wax, a BIT at a time, so as not to undo the initial anchorage of the birthday candle, until the container to hold your candle is full.

What a simple but brilliant idea!  Wish it was my idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment