Thursday, November 20, 2014

I've Still Got It

Tonight's dinner will be meatball subs.  The meatballs are part beef, part TVP and lots of spices.  The "spaghetti sauce" is actually the remaining portion of the ministrone soup eaten earlier this week that I had previously blended into a sauce consistancy.

Another portion of the above created sauce was used last night as the base for homemade pizza that was served with popcorn.  It was moreish, as the Brits say.

The first part of the sauce I had used, on a night I was less than inspired to cook, to make a one pan pasta dish that was served with homemade Italian styled baking powder biscuits.  I had read the recipe for the biscuits on the internet but it used biscuits you can buy in a can.  Me, I made mine from scratch.  They are definitely a do again.


The minestrone soup was itself a remake of an Italian dish that had been served earlier in the week on top of couscous.  Mike said he quite enjoyed it so would Imake it again? BUT......
It was in fact a remake of a previous beef dish with onions and peppers that I found in the freezer.  I have no clear memory of how I made it so repeating it is obviously a no go. 

Five meals (plus 5 lunches) from one container of freezer leftovers, a can of diced tomatoes, a chopped onion, some garlic, some spices and cooked dry garbanza beans, plus one quarter pound of beef used tonight.  I will call that a win to avoid food waste, minimize meat consumption, keep food costs in line and still enjoy the meals made.

Yep, I've still got it!


No comments:

Post a Comment