Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Savory Cracker Crumb Quiche Crust

I'm not a big fan of rolling out pie crust.  I do it, but I am always looking for ways to avoid it.

Also, I usually have several boxes of almost finished crackers in my cupboard.  Why finish one box when you can just open a new box.

Putting the two together, I developed the second cousin once removed to the graham cracker crust.

Gather together all your dribs and drabs of savory crackers that you have hidden in your cupboards.  Heck, even a few corn flakes at the bottom of the box work.

 Crush them very fine.  I used my food processor.

Measure out two cups of the resulting crumbs.  Add one stick of melted butter and mix well.

Press firmly into your pie pan.  Bake at 350 for 15 minutes to set the crust.  Let cool slightly.

Pour in your favorite quiche filling and bake.

Enjoy!

No rolling pin required.

No comments:

Post a Comment