Monday, February 12, 2018

Irish Coffee, With Coffee This Time

Recently I met a friend downtown at an Irish Pub and ordered an Irish Coffee.
I was confident what I would receive.
I was terribly, terribly wrong.  Emphasis on terrible.

First, my drink arrived over ice.  Wrong.
Next, there was no whipped cream.  Wrong.
Third, believe it or not, there was no coffee!!!
Wouldn't you think the name might give it away?

I'm not sure what they did give me because one sip did it for me.
But they swore it was Irish Coffee.

Really???

Below is a process that is guaranteed to give you a REAL, traditional,  Irish Coffee.

First, brew a pot of Good coffee.
To a mug add a shot of Irish whiskey.  (Regular whiskey will work in a pinch.)
Add 1-2 teaspoons of sugar to the whiskey.
Fill the cup with the coffee.
Stir.
Top with whipped cream.

This is a wonderful ending to a great meal in the cold of winter.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment