Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Cheesecake Factory Copycat Lentil Soup

Sometimes when my BFF and I head out to go shopping we end up at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. If it is Monday, I get their lentil soup. It is the best.

In an effort to get close to duplicating it I have made many that just didn't make the cut.

But last week I finally got close.

I made mine in my pressure cooker but a slow cooker would work and just take longer.  Remember, lentils do not have to be presoaked.

Here is how I made mine and it made enough for six generous servings.

One and a half cups of dry lentils
Six cups of water
One beef and one vegetable bouillon cube  ( I would prefer stock/broth but didn't have any)
Two chopped carrots
One diced onion
Three diced garlic cloves
One third pound diced ham
One tsp pepper
One and one half tsp dry thyme

I threw it all into the pressure cooker and cooked it for twenty minutes.
It came out thick, flavorful, and just delicious.

One day two I turned part of the leftovers into lentil burgers and they were great!

Day three I served the last of it over spaghetti with diced onion and Parmesan cheese.  Wonderful!

Even Mike liked it in all its manifestations and said it's a make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment