Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Savings

We are currently living in a hotel room with a small fridge and microwave. So I was quite pleased to find a deal on Papa John's pizza for 40 percent off a large pizza. It was only $10 and provide us with two dinners and a lunch.  Not bad.

I also found a gift item for 60 percent off saving me $15. Not too shabby.

On Saturday I went to a salvage grocery with a friend and got a huge amount of groceries at about two thirds off regular price.  Then on the way home we stopped at a bakery outlet and I found bagels, English muffins and multigrain bread for 89 cents per item.  Score! We now have a base of easier to cook food for Mike to make for himself while I am in the hospital.

I was in need of some more yarn to crochet with so Mike and I headed for Goodwill.  It was a great day for shopping.  It was 50 percent off senior citizen day.  I came home with 14 skeins and they cost me less than $9 !!!  Good times ahead.  My first project is a tea cozy for us.

Dinner  one evening was from Ruby Tuesday's.  We got $20 worth of food for $15 by using a coupon. I had hoped it would provide both a dinner and a lunch but it was too good.  Dinner only. Oh, well.

For our anniversary we had Chinese.  The leftover will provide another dinner or lunch.

Lots of little things that help balance the budget in these less than normal living conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment