Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Frugal Things In July

1.  Using our National Parks Senior Pass, we stayed in a National Park with our RV for 50% less than the normal rate.  This $12/night rate included the Fourth of July!

2.  I had a prescription filled recently when we were on vacation.  When it came time for the refill I had it transferred to a local drug store that was running a special offer for doing so.  The result, $25 to spend at the drugstore.  I will stretch it as far as I can by focusing on buying things that are already on sale.

3.  We received a $230 gift card from Costco as a rebate for booking a vacation through them.. Will stretch it by focusing on buying mark downs.

4.  Starbucks sent me a freebie to be used my birthday.  We were camping but my husband found a Starbucks nearby so that savings didn't go by the wayside.

5.  I shopped at salvage grocery stores and filled in the gaps in my stockpile very inexpensively.

6.  I bought a nightgown and three sweaters at a thrift store for a total of $10.

7.We received a $30 rebate from Sam's Club and used it to purchase some supplements we take.  Like getting them for free!



A frugal fail:

Haircuts were on sale for $5. We were camping too far away.  Lost savings.

2 comments: