Monday, June 17, 2019

Easy Raisin Quick Bread

Good for breakfast.  I wrote this down from a blog but can't remember which.  Sorry.

1 c oatmeal
1 cup self rising flour
1 c Brown sugar
1 cup raisins, or craisins, or any chopped dry fruit

Mix together.
Although you don't need to, I like to Add some cinnamon and nutmeg to the dry ingredients.  I add about 1 Tbs cinnamon and 1tsp nutmeg

Add 1 cup milk.  Skim doesn't work because the recipe needs some fat.  Whole milk works best.

Pour into a greased loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 oven for about an hour.

Yum!

2 comments:

  1. I made your bread this morning before it got too hot. Boy, is it GOOD! And so easy to pull together! Thank you for posting it!

    BTW, what size bread pan do you use? I think the one I used was too big, because it was a flat loaf. But so tasty!

    ReplyDelete