Friday, April 13, 2018

Two New Meatless Recipes



The Prudent Homemaker, a wonderful frugal blog, has a recipe section that I often peruse.  These two recipes, husband approved, come from there.  I'm trying to increase our number of meatless meals since they are better for our health as well as our budget.

White Bean Alfredo:

2 cups cooked white beans
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
12 ounces evaporated milk
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 pound pasta

Blend first four ingredients and heat.  I use the microwave so it doesn't stick.
Serve over cooked pasta with extra cheese.
I add peas for color.


Meatless "Chicken" Fried Steak:

2 2/3 cups oatmeal, not steel cut, they won't work
1/4 cup dried onion
1 1/2 cups water or chicken broth. I use chicken broth
2 eggs
2 tsp sage
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp seasoned salt

Mix above ingredients til wet and sticks together.
From into patties.

Oil for frying

Fry.

Serve with gravy:
2 cans cream of chicken soup
3 cups milk, I use reconstituted dry milk

Mix together and heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment