Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Almost Lost Week, Week 4, January 2017

From Early last Saturday until past dinnertime on Wednesday, I was the guest of St. Vincent Hospital.  I was "consuming " bag after bag of fluids and antibiotics.
Mike was heating up leftovers:  quiche, burritos, pork chop, ham and cheese sandwiches, Buffalo turkey meat ball salad.  I love how leftovers can get you through some no-cook times.

Thursday I talked Mike through a turkey, ham, cheese and artichoke casserole. Since I made it up as we went along I was surprisingly pleased with the results.
Friday we had Aunt Joyce's Chicken Salad with cranberry cheddar quesadillas.
Saturday a Friend brought over delicious vegetable soup and wonderful crusty bread.
Sunday was a leftovers night.
Monday I was back in the hospital with complications from my perforated appendix.  And Mike was eating leftovers or from the cafeteria. ($4.87)


As for groceries, we started with$87.99 left to spend.
Topps had skinless, boneless chicken breast on sale for $1.88/pound.  I bought ten pounds.  Some is for now and some is for the stockpile.
I also bought four dozen eggs at fifty cents a dozen for the stockpile.

Total spent:  $12.00
Total remaining:  $71.12

Mike went to Aldi and picked up some 'essentials' :  olives, Greek yogurt, and (my favorite) pork rinds.

Total spent:  $7.97
Total remaining:  $63.15

The $63.15 will rollover as a cushion for February.  All things considered, it was a good month since we relied on leftovers instead of restaurants.

Now to see what February brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment