Thursday, February 1, 2024

2024 Frugal Things in January

 1.  I purchased boneless, skinless chicken breast to grind.  I will make sausage with some and use the rest instead of ground beef.  At $1.77/ pound the chicken is less expensive than what it is replacing.  Significantly.

2.  I have been using dry textured soy protein to stretch my ground meat.  When I make chili I usually use it exclusively.  Inexpensive protein.

3.  I used up some stale rolls by making a bread pudding dessert.  Yummy and frugal.

4.  I made homemade tortilla chips using some of my salvage purchased corn tortillas, 30 tortillas for 50 cents.  Each tortilla made six chips.

5.  I had enough Starbucks points for a specialty coffee.  About six dollars saved.

6.  Mike used his birthday certificate to almost completely cover the cost of our lunch.  $15 saved.


Frugal Fail:   I lost track of how old a loaf of homemade bread was.  It developed green spots and had to be thrown.  Food is only frugal when you actually eat it.

These are tiny frugal things, but over time they do add up.  They are like tax free extra income.

No comments:

Post a Comment