Saturday, September 7, 2019

Frugal Things In August

Nothing big

1.  Coffee.  Thursdays Starbucks has a 50% special we take advantage of to satisfy our cravings.

2. Bags.  I reuse my Ziploc bags and because I am lazy I wash them with my kitchen towels with a little bleach.  A small savings but little things add up.  It's also better for the environment.

3.  Laundry Detergent.  I used saved soap end pieces as the base for homemade laundry detergent to donate to the animal shelter.

4. Shopping Only the Sales.  If it wasn't a loss leader I basically didn't buy it,

5.  Making Broth From Bones.  I used a chicken carcass and a ham bone to make two types of broth.

6.  Using Coupons on Sale Items.  Where I can, I match coupons with sales.  Little bits of money add up.

7.  Making Birthday Gifts.  I got creative and used what I had to make four gifts.

8.  Free 8x10 collage photo from CVS and Free 8x10 single photo from Walgreens  Free is the way to go!

9.  Using points for a hotel room.  We went to New York wine country on a whim and stayed in a hotel room for three night for free using credit card points.

10.  Buying Christmas gifts at wineries.  We saved money using the 20% military discount.

4 comments: