Tuesday, September 20, 2016

What Happened in Cambridge, unfortunately won't stay in Cambridge

It was just a sidewalk.
A two level sidewalk.

Now, please take into consideration that my eyes are not great.
And my depth perception is worse.

There I was rolling my suitcase away from the Cambridge train station when the suitcase dropped from one level to the other.

Taking me with it.

Before I knew it I was up close and personal with the pavement.

I landed. Hard. On my right shoulder.

An hour wait to see if I could shrug it off.
A three hour wait for the ambulance.
Xrays and a consultation later we had a verdict: a shattered upper humerus.
Treatment: a shoulder replacement.

So, we took my broken shoulder  out of Cambridge and back to the states  for care and rehab.

First opinion received today.  Going to get a second opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment