Sunday, December 27, 2015

2016 GOALS

1.  I will do another year of the compact:  buy used, reduce my carbon footprint, and save money while being environmentally friendly.

2. I will work on losing ten pounds:  the five that attached themselves while my walking was limited and the other five that has bee in residence much too long.
 
3. Out of curiosity, I will keep track of the money saved by buying reduced cost items.
I will not be counting things like the blazer I bought for $4.50 that still had the tags on it for $69  but I will be counting things like the shoes that were priced $ 9 and because they were pink tagged I got them half off for $4.50; the $5.81 I saved on white and yellow tagged items, etc.  I will also be keeping track of the savings on reduced to clear grocery items, etc.  For example, I recently took advantage of clearance deals at Approved Foods and saved an additional $30 off their usual low prices.  I also, thanks to a heads up from a blog I read, got a $5 gift card for free when we bought a $10 gift card for Starbucks.  Gasoline points earned at the grocery store that ended up giving us 20 cents off per gallon and saved us $2.67 on our fill up will also be counted.
The $10 we saved by driving about thirty minutes more, although we stayed in the same chain of hotels, would also be counted.  Such things are so easy but just these few items that I gave as examples above saved $57.98 extra in just a few days.  It will be interesting to see what a year of such savings adds up to.

4. I will try to walk 10,000 steps a day or 70,000 per week. This will let me see what my new knees are up to and help lose that weight I mentioned earlier.

5.  I will continue to try to make homemade gifts for gift giving occasions.  I love the feeling of giving things I took the time to make and to put my love into.

6. I will work on reducing my caffeine and salt consumption and stop eating anything with artificial sweeteners or carbonation.  Can we say osteopenia?

No comments:

Post a Comment