Today I am three weeks post surgery. And here is where I currently am.
- the swelling has lessened but isn't all the way gone
- I'm no longer on the sustained release pain med and coping well with just the every four hour pain med
- sometimes at night I can stretch the med to more than four hours
- getting up and down is much less painful
- although still not a favorite, getting into and out of the car is progressing closer to the no problem zone
- sitting in a chair for any period of time is still not something I am a fan of doing
- I can now change my scenery by reclining on the couch and I don't need a crane to get off said couch
- my walker (frame) has graduated to wheels in the front
- as part of what I consider OT, I cooked minestrone, smashed potatoes, banana bread, sauerkraut and apple with leftover pork and roasted a chicken
- I have started to crochet again, but only simple things like a pillow for the cottage we are in
- My former bad knee, which needed a lot more work to make right, now bends to 98 degrees and my less bad knee bends to 102 degrees and both straighten completely to zero degrees
- I am "marching" and focusing on each step starting on my heel and rolling off my toes to work on normalizing my gait
- I have taken over 1000 steps in a day which is small by normal standards but good by bilateral standards
- I have figured out how to sleep on my side and give my back a break
- Oh, my seven minute trip from bedroom to bathroom has been cut in half,yeah!
- and tomorrow I will begin my 12 weeks of out patient therapy
We are getting closer to where we need to be. I just need to stay the course.