Sunday, July 5, 2020

2020 Frugal Things In June

This was not an exciting month.  No special deals.  Just normal stuff we do all the time.  But it saves money and it all adds up.

1.  Because it appears our discount bread store has closed for good, I am now baking our bread products such as bagels, English muffins and regular bread.  I'm even going to try my hand at rye.  I can make them for about a third of the price I would pay to buy them.

2.  I am cooking our meals at home.  We try to eat a balance of vegetarian and low meat meals with only a few meals where meat is the star.  ( See below.)

3.  We eat a lot of beans.    ( See below.)The majority are cooked from dry which is much cheaper.  But, I do keep some canned beans or when I am in a hurry.

4. An 8x12 photo of the grandchildren for free.  A $3.99 value from Walgreens

5.  Stocking up on mozzarella and provolone cheese when we found it for $1.99/pound.


Epic Fail:  Two crates of frozen meat were not returned to the freezer when they should have been.  This was discovered two days later.  Even great food bargains become expensive when you have to throw them away.  :(    But, they will only be replaced when things go on sale again.

No comments:

Post a Comment