Saturday, August 26, 2017

Freezer meals the super easy way


The idea of freezer meals has always appealed to me.  But, traditionally, you need to set aside an entire day for cooking and freezing.  Therein lies the problem.

I can't seem to find an open day to cook combined with the ambition to do so.  More often than not it is the ambition that's lacking.

But by inadvertently over cooking (I seem to be unable to just cook for two) I can put extra meals in the freezer for quick meals on busy night's.  These meals are also good for when money in the budget runs out before the month does.  :)

Mooshu, fried rice, partially cooked burgers, salmon burgers, cheeseburger scalloped potatoes, soups, chili, stew, refried beans - they all end up in my freezer awaiting their turn to reappear on the dinner menu.

Over made breakfast items can also be frozen for quick meals later.  Think muffins, pancakes, coffee cake, scones and breakfast burritos.

I make extra inadvertently but you could do it on purpose and reap the same rewards.  Sound good?  Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment