Saturday, June 24, 2017

Thrifty

As anyone who knows me would tell you, I am thrifty.  For example, today I bought $66 dollars worth of clothing for$3.66 at Penny's.

Some people think of thrifty as cheap.  I don't.  I think of it as making the best use of the resources you have.

Originally, the word thrifty actually corresponded to success and respectability.  It was a complimentary word.

It meant an individual was thriving and prosperous.

Recently, it has taken on a more negative connotation.  It makes someone seem poor and ungenerous.  Cheap.  Lacking in appreciation for quality.

I disagree with the modern connotations.

Thrift allowed us to retire early.
Thrift allowed and allows us to travel.
Thrift means we are able to be generous to others.
Thrift means we are not at all poor.

Want a good life?  Embrace thrift.


No comments:

Post a Comment