Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Easy Artisan No Knead Bread

An amalgamation of several recipes , used when my mixer that I knead my bread with broke.  Because of a repaired shoulder kneading for long periods is no longer in my skill set.

This is SUPER easy.

3 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbs salt
1 Tbs yeast
1 1/2cups warm water

Mix all the ingredients together.  It will form a very dry and scraggly dough.
Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place.  I use my oven with the pilot light on.
Walk away and forget about it for 12-18 hours while time does its magic.
Remove dough from oven and set oven to 450.
Place a heavy Dutch oven and cover in oven to heat for 1/2 hour.
Your dough is now magically soft and pliable!  On a piece of parchment paper, form the dough into a round ball.  Score the top with a shallow X.
Place the dough and the parchment paper into the VERY HOT Dutch oven and cover with the lid.
Bake 30 minutes covered and then an additional 15 minutes uncovered.
Remove from oven and cool.
Enjoy its crusty goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment