Monday, April 27, 2020

Artisan No Knead Bagels

My stand mixer broke and kneading is hard on my repaired shoulder.  So, I experimented with the artisan method of raising the dough.  It worked!  I now have a new way of making bagels.

Mix together:
1 Tbs yeast
1 1/2 Tbs sugar
1 1/2 cups warm water; I used the hottest from the tap
3 1/2 c flour;  I used all purpose because I had it
1/2 tsp. Salt

The dough will look dry but it will loosen up as the yeast works on it.

Cover with plastic and let sit in a warm place for 12-18 hours.

Tip dough out onto floured surface and work until no longer sticky.

Divide dough into eight pieces and form into balls.

Make hole in center and shape.

Let rest while you bring a large pan of water to boil.

Carefully place in water a few at a time and boil 3 minutes on each side.  Drain.

Place on greased sheet and bake at 425degrees for 20 minutes.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment