Thursday, August 1, 2024

2024. Frugal Things in July

 1.  I made sure to redeem my birthday gift from STARBUCKS for a free vente iced coffee.  It was wonderful in this heat.

2.  In the summer I do several salvage shops to stockpile for the year ahead.  I find great prices and save a fortune.  Some examples:  granola cereal for 25 cents, Hershey kisses for 20 cents, dried beans for 80 cents/ pound, dish detergent for $1, egg noodle for $1, flour tortillas for 40 cents, evaporated milk for 30 cents, stovetop stuffing for 40 cents, large crushed tomatoes for 30 cents, canned vegetables for 40 cents, refried beans for 20 cents, Starbucks coffee for $3.99.  Some items are not amazing but I can still save a lot of money.  Shop around.  Your regular store may not be your best store, even if it is only once a year that you shop there.

3.  I went thrift shopping and found a queen sized duvet and cover, white with lace, for $13.50!!!!  It will look so nice in my bedroom.

4.  A neighbor at a campground gave me a gift of lots of cucumbers from his garden.  I now have 39 jars of pickles to eat and give away.

5.  I took advantage of a half off sale at Starbucks to buy another iced latte.



No comments:

Post a Comment