Thursday, April 4, 2024

2024. Frugal Things in March

 1.  I took advantage of St. Patrick’s Day, Lenten and Easter sales to restock the freezer:  ham at 79 cents/pound; corned beef at $1.49/#;  shrimp at $5.00/#;  white fish at $3.50/pound.  Good meals in the future. Money saved.

2.  I made four quarts of ketchup and saved about $16, and the slow cooker did all the work.

3.  I received a 25 book series from my Buy Nothing group that I loved when I read it 25 years ago.  I am looking forward to reading it again and all for free.

4.  A large garbage bag of very chunky yarn from my buy nothing group.  I see some very compfy pet blankets in my future.   I have been very blessed with donations so far this year.

5.  I bought a pair of shoes at the thrift store for $0.98 after using a $4  coupon.

6.  I ordered new glasses and we saved $100 by asking if they have a military discount.  It paid to ask.

7.  I hit the jackpot with my buy nothing group:  75 skeins of free yarn!🧶  A lot of nice charity projects to do!



No comments:

Post a Comment