Friday, January 26, 2024

2023. Frugal Things in December

 1.   We spent three nights in DC in a hotel.  The cost was paid for by credit card points.  We saved hundreds!  Remember, we charge everything on our cards BUT you MUST pay the card off in full EVERY month or the points you earn aren’t really saving you money.

2.   We took advantage of seasonal sales to add to our stockpile.  Things like flour and pie crusts are at there lowest yearly price now so I stock up.

3.  We used $15 of our “free” Giant Eagle money to purchase items that were already on sale.  That made the money go even further.

4.  We had cucumber left over after the salad greens were gone.  I cut it into pieces and put it in some pickle juice.  In a few weeks we will have pickles instead of having to throw it away.  Win!

5.  Got 4quarts of beef broth and a garbage bag of yarn for free from my buy nothing group.

6.  My holiday meals were all put together using things from the freezer and my stockpile.  We ate like kings!  And I saved over 50% of what you might expect it to cost.  Just some preplanning can save a fortune!

No comments:

Post a Comment