Friday, July 22, 2022

2022 Frugal Things in June

 1.  I have started to whip a pound of butter until light and airy.  I add one half cup oil to stop it getting hard again.  It's easier to spread and we use less.  Money and calories saved.

2.  Two free donuts on donut day.  Yum!

3.  When it came time to stock the RV with food, I used food from my cupboards and freezer that I have purchased on sale cheaply.  We could have shopped as we went, but that would have been more expensive since we can't count on sales.  More work but worth it.

4.  I gratefully accepted the gift of three dozen eggs from a friend who raises chickens.

5.  I have been revisiting frugal recipes from early in our marriage.  Bread, rice, potatoes , pasta and beans are showing more often.

6.  A free 8x10 of the cats from Walgreens.

No comments:

Post a Comment