Thursday, November 5, 2020

2020 Frugal Things in October

 1.  Mike and I got our flu shots and received gift cards worth a total of $10 in free groceries.

2.  As has been happening for awhile, I have been saving my bacon grease to use in sauteeing and flavoring other dishes.  It reduces the amount of vegetable oil I have to buy.  Did you know that they sell bacon grease at Wal-Mart for about $22/gallon!

3. As we camp we have been checking thrift stores for yarn and have been quite lucky at finding deals.  I am set now for winter.

4.  We have been  filling in the holes in our stockpile with specials we have found as we travel.  We are now ready to hunker down for winter.

5.  We are working on eating less meat.  It is easier on the budget and Mother Earth.

6.  I received a crate of tomatoes from a friend who was putting her garden to bed.  This will be turned into green tomato mincemeat, salsa verde and tomato puree.  You have to love generous friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment