Monday, June 22, 2020

2020 Frugal Things In May

1.  Saving the one cup of oil that cream cheese stuffed pepperocini came in to be used for making Spicy Italian Dressing.

2.  Taking advantage of a store special to buy a ten pound ham at 39 cents per pound.

3.  Taking advantage of another store's sale on chicken leg quarters.  At 39 cents per pound I bought twenty  pounds.

4.  Using the brine from yellow pepper rings to season another jar of sweet peppers.

5.  I am listening to a book on my tablet and wanted a speaker for better sound.  Mike came downstairs with a speaker that came with a computer we owned YEARS ago.  It works perfectly. This one walks a fine line between frugal and hoarding!  LOL!

6.  I used a $15 gift card from getting my shingles vaccine to get some sale items at Giant Eagle.  We only went over by 57 cents.


  • 7.  I purchased eleven pounds of soy tvp granules for $40.22.  That comes to $3.65 per pound.  Since one pound of dry tvp becomes three when rehydrated, I would need to find ground beef on sale for $1.60/ pound for an equivalent amount.  The tvp is a budget win.

No comments:

Post a Comment