Saturday, April 7, 2018

1963 Cake Mix Cookies, Slightly Updated

One white cake mix, chocolate peanut powder, and peanut butter pieces equals easy chocolate peanut butter bar cookies.

I have an old 1963 Cookie Cookbook.  It's one of my favorites.

Some of the recipes make life easier by using a cake mix as the base.  These were my go to cookies when my girls were young.

The Original recipe was

1 cake mix
1 egg
1/3 c oil

Mix and bake.

Today I decided to try a new take on these cookies.

Awhile ago I purchased some chocolate peanut butter powder at salvage that I have been working my way through.

In my Christmas stocking Santa gave me some peanut butter pieces.

I decided to take one of the inexpensive cake mixes I have and make some chocolate peanut butter cookies.

1 white or yellow cake mix
4 ounces peanut butter pieces
1/3 cup chocolate peanut butter powder
1 egg
2/3 cup oil
1 tsp. Real vanilla

Bake at 375.  Do not over bake.  They will get crunchy if you do.

If you use real peanut butter and don't use the peanut butter powder, decrease oil to 1/3 cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment