Wednesday, October 21, 2015

What a Difference a Week Makes

Currently on our fridge we are displaying some art from two budding artists and a fun card from these same individuals: DGS and DGD. They make this recuperating grandma quite happy.

I have now moved on from the walker to a single point cane. That feels like a huge leap to me. Walking independently can't be terribly far off, can it?

Speaking of walking, my stride is lengthening and my peg leg is bending more.  And, I have almost stopped swinging my leg from the hip. Twenty years of bad muscle memory is hard to unlearn.

I am also doing water therapy now and I love it! I can do things in the water that I could never do on land. I can even do deep knee bends.  I can't remember the last time I could do those.

Oh, one of my not so favorite things, getting into and out of the car, is now much easier and less painful.  Score another one for our side.

It occurred to me one morning this week that what I in essence asked the doctor to do was cut my leg in half, mess around with it a lot and really tick it off and then sew it back together.  I have sometimes wondered if I was in my right mind when I volunteered for this.  But now I am beginning to believe I may not have been that crazy after all.







No comments:

Post a Comment