Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Third Time is a Charm?

Remember the tuna chowder I made awhile back?
It later morphed into a tuna and cheese strata.
Today it will morph into tuna and cheese patties with a cheese sauce.
And, God willing, it will be done with at the end of dinner. (Please.)

I am good at cooking for many.
I am not so good at cooking for two.
I can not make a small pot of soup no matter how hard I try.
Hence the two makeovers above. :)

And, it is not just the soup, if I am honest.

Remember the eggplant and bean burgers?
That morphed into the meatballs and pasta.
I still have another dinner of that in the fridge to finish.

And the bangers and mash with onion gravy?
The mash morphed into potato pancakes.
The gravy was used with stock to cook a rice pilaf last night AND YOU GUESSED IT
I now have leftover rice to figure out how to use up. :)
But that one is not fair.  I only used a 1/2 cup of rice.  Who knew it would make so much! Obviously I didn't. :)

Does anyone know if there is a support group available for people who can't judge the amount of food to cook?  I seem to need one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment