Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A New Picture Window for the Boat

If you look at the picture below you can see the large opening in the side of our boat that opens into the kitchen area.  It was designed as another entry/exit point as well as a way to get fresh air into the boat.  It is traditionally wide open to the elements except when closed by the "shutter" doors.  At some point in her history a removable screen was made for this "window".

Well, I am a needer of light.  This time of year it is in short supply.  So, to take max advantage of what is available Mike got a sheet of plexiglass and cut it to fit the screen insert.  Now, I have a large picture window in my kitchen area and more light in our little home.  Wonderful.


The excerpt below is from a blog I read "Mortgage Free in Three" written by a woman in Scotland.  I agree with the opinions expressed.





I have come to the conclusion that my down mood and CBA attitude is down to the sudden drop in light levels – I have really noticed it during the last couple of weeks ………….. even the days are dreary and gloomy. Pretty much matching my mood.




The new "window" with the added light should help.  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment